With the new calendar year just around the corner, it’s time to check in with your members to see if their personal information has changed. In fact, the Member Profile area just underwent some updates to prepare for even more new features in the coming weeks.
The My Profile area of Members Only is where your members may update their own personal information. Members may not update some information that we believe should be maintained by an administrator. For instance, members may not assign themselves previous awards or offices, which means no free Hixsons or Past High Mucky Muck offices. Members may, however, update their business, contact, and personal information and can even upload their own photo using the My Profile section.
Members who want to update their personal information should:
- Log in to Members Only from the Home page using the Members Only -Sign In button. When the member clicks the button, the form will drop down and the member may enter his user name and password. Members who do not know their user name or password may request a replacement immediately by clicking on the Forgot Your Password link and then entering their Last Name and Email Address in the form.
- Once the member has logged into the Members Only Area, he may see his profile by clicking the My Profile button. The profile will load on the left side of the page where the member may choose what changes to make.
- Click the edit link for the area(s) to be updated. The edit links are located in the upper right corner of each section of the form and, once clicked, will open a dialog box.
This example shows the Edit Business dialog box and form. Once the member fills in the form fields and submits the form, the profile is updated immediately.
The changes that were made in this update are designed to:
- Resolve a bug that was recently reported.
- Streamline the processing to make the visitor’s experience as intuitive and easy as possible.
- Expand some of the information that can be added to the site by members.
New support for social web sites:
Members can now add a Facebook badge to their profile. For now, the member is the only one who will see the badge, but in the near future, we’ll be revamping the member listing that members see in Members Only to show those Facebook badges or other social web site links. For now, only Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter have been added. There is also an “Other Social Web Site” option that will allow members to create links to other social web sites.
New support for text messaging:
If you look at the drop-down list of contact options, you’ll see that there’s now an option for text messaging addresses. In the near future, we’ll be adding the ability to send to these text messaging addresses through the Message Center. While you won’t have the ability to begin sending text messages to all of those addresses yet, this would be a good time to start gathering the addresses.
If you encounter any problems in updating your personal information, please let us know. While we’ve tried to make this update bug-free, it’s always possible that there’s a minor glitch somewhere. If you find one, please let us know right away.