Would you like to add a new video to your site, but aren’t sure how to go about it. With our new widget feature, adding a video or external photo feed is now a snap.
Get the Code
The first step in the process is to copy the “embed” code from the video hosting service. Each of the video services handles this a bit differently, however, if you see an option to Share, you’re probably close. You may need to watch the entire video before you can access the code needed to share the video. Make sure you copy all of the code to share or embed the video on a website.
Accessing Widget Admin is simple. The button for Widget Admin is located in your main Site Admin menu.
- Go to Site Admin
- Go to Widget Admin
- Click the heading in the right-hand accordion for Photo Widget.
- Click the Configure Option link to begin setting up your photo widget.
When the Select Photo Widget Location dialog box opens:
- Give your widget a name. This makes it easier to find should you ever need to make changes.
- Select one or more of the available options for location. Available locations are dependent on your site package and configuration, but should always include above and below the Home page text and options for the Photos page.
- Click Submit
- Paste in the embed code you copied above.
- Click Submit.
Check It Out
Go to the page where you added the video and check to be sure it displays and plays properly. Once you’re satisfied, let everyone know what you’ve done! If you run into problems, please let us know and we can help you out.