The Members Only Area of our ContentManager websites has been redesigned in order to provide improved functionality. From making it easier to find information to simplifying the way your profile information is updated to a smoother interface that works in mobile devices, most tasks have been revamped. Here are the key features and changes:
Menu – We have removed the left hand menu in favor of a more complete accordion structure on the right side of the page. All menu options are now located in the accordion under major headings. Additional information may be added to some of those headings by webmasters.
- Logout – logging out is unnecessary unless you wish to clear all cookies and login information from your computer. Use this if accessing the site from a public computer.
- Show Old Member Area – allows you to show the old members only area format. Remember that all features in the new display are not available in the old display.
- Site Admin Link – only available to those with permission to access site administration.
- Access Message Center – send messages to other club members. Also, you may check to see what messages have been sent to you via the Message Center.
Default page – The default page for members is no longer customizable. Instead, all current member news is displayed on the member “Home” page. News stories are displayed in a blog post format, documents are displayed as links to the document.
Widgets – Widget areas have been added to the top and bottom of the member “Home” page. This allows each club to customize their pages with information that is important to them. Widgets are snippets of code available on the web and can include anything from a Facebook activity feed, to a Pinterest pinboard, to dues payment via Paypal, and more. Clubs that have members who can write HTML could have a member design an HTML snippet that is used in either widget area.
Webmaster Tools – Webmasters can customize the appearance of the Members Only Area
- Make the new Members Only Area display the default for all members.
- Choose the files to be displayed on the default page for all members.
Members – Members can see a listing of other members and their profiles.
- Click View Member Listings to see sortable lists of members. You can sort the lists by name, business, industry, special dates (birthday, anniversary), and committee (view the committee for each member).
- If your club has the option to print a member roster activated, you may also print a member roster.
About Me – Your member profile is easier than ever to update. You also now have your own personal folder for documents and photos. This folder will be created automatically the first time you upload a photo or attach a document to an email. At this time, the files in your folder can only be managed by going through the Message Center and clicking the Image icon, then the Browse Server button.
Club Information – Access to club information, such as committee members, links, news, and member files is now accessible via a Club Information heading on the Member Options accordion. Information can be aggregated into a folder so that members can more easily see what’s most important to club members.
- View the members for each committee
- View the club’s links
- Search all news stories by keyword
- View a listing of member files as links that you can click on to open the file
- View current member news stories