We’ve received a few requests lately for a more streamlined way to deal with committees, site administrators, and supporters. Oddly enough, those all fit into one nice little category that we’re calling Member Involvement. Member Involvement is essentially just how someone who is listed in the member database is involved in the club or with the website.
Accessing Member Involvement
In an effort to streamline these options as much as possible, all options in Member Involvement are programmed to submit on checking or unchecking of the boxes. In other words, for this section, there is no need to submit the entire form if the only changes you have made are in Member Involvement.
- Go to Site Admin
- Go to Member Admin
- Click on the name of the member
- Member Involvement is the second section in the member data form.
Hint: To make changes as quickly as possible, filter the member list by using the links under Other Administration Links. This means you could click “List Current Members,” click a name, make your changes, then immediately click “List Current Members” again.
Allows you to quickly assign one member to multiple committees and choose which position they hold on the committee. Note that this does include your board(s) of directors.
- In the Member Involvement section, click the Committee Assignments link to open the section (clicking the link again closes that section)
- Select Member, Chair, or Co-chair to indicate the member’s role for each committee the member is involved with.
Site Administration Rights
Allows you to assign or remove site administration rights for the member.
- In the Member Involvement section, click the Site Administration Rights link to open the section (clicking the link again closes that section)
- Check or uncheck boxes to assign or remove administration rights for that member.
Allows you to manage supporter choices. This section can only be used to edit options chosen by supporters (nonmembers). You should never arbitrarily add choices for a supporter. We strongly recommend keeping a record of changes requested by a supporter.
- In the Member Involvement section, click the Supporter Choices link to open the section (clicking the link again closes that section)
- Select the options chosen by that person. It is acceptable to remove supporters or their choices, but you should never arbitrarily add a supporter unless you have express permission from them. Our Membership Interest page requires a supporter to opt in, which means they have given permission for the choices they made, but no others.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions about this or any other parts of site administration.